PDA

View Full Version : Wall Surface Pattern (Material) Display Issue

pwilson.112560
2007-03-14, 12:56 AM
Hi all -

I'm working on a quick-paced design-build competition, and I'm hoping y'all can help with this issue before my next deadline - 6pm PST Wednesday!

Take a look at the attached jpg - all the yellow walls are the same wall in Revit, with the same surface pattern. Sometimes that pattern shows up in 3d camera views, and sometimes it doesn't, with no apparent logic. The walls are facing the same way, are aligned with each other - it should all show the same.

Any thoughts for why this might occur? It doesn't seem to have anything to do with view depth from the camera.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Pete Wilson

Steve Jager
2007-03-14, 01:13 PM
Just a stab in the dark but could there be two of the same walls in the same place?It's happened to us a couple of times.

al
2007-03-14, 01:32 PM
What happens if you just use the paint bucket to apply the material with that pattern to that surface in the 3D view?

pwilson.112560
2007-03-14, 04:42 PM
Steve: Yes, on that one, there were two walls in the same place - I actually caught it right after my post. But take a look at this jpg - it's a view from the other direction, and we've got the same problem, but without two walls in the same place for any of those walls in the foreground.I don't understand why it's only that one wall, halfway back, that would show the pattern.

Al: Paint bucket doesn't work - and since using schedules to calculate square footage of material, I wouldn't really want that anyway.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Pete Wilson