PDA

View Full Version : Room Tags

rgranja508683
2004-07-12, 03:18 PM
Can I add a new parameter to the room tag?

Regards,
Ricardo Granja

jbalding48677
2004-07-12, 04:24 PM
Yes, however you will want to use shared parameters to allow the information to be scheduled. For more information on shared parameters look up shared parameters in the Revit help.

LRaiz
2004-07-12, 04:33 PM
Technically you will
1. Add parameter to rooms
2. Create/modify room tag family to expose additional room parameter

rgranja508683
2004-07-13, 08:43 AM
But this kind of parameter canĀ“t appear in the element properties like for example Base Finish? I need a parameter like that in my Room Tag.

Regards,
Ricardo

LRaiz
2004-07-13, 01:17 PM
Room tags have their own parameters but those just relate to tag appearance. For example tag orientation and leader line characteristics are truly properties of a room tag itself. Every other parameter shown in properties dialog when tag is selected in reality belongs to a room; room tag just exposes all room parameters.

Unfortunately there is no way to add parameters to room tags themselves, only to rooms. I would be curious to know what do you have in mind so room parameters won't satisfy your need. In our previous experiences whenever people wanted to show additional parameter in a room tag they usually wanted to show the same parameter in a room schedule of some sort and conceptually room parameter worked for them. There must be something special about your case.