PDA

View Full Version : Can't Place Window In Wall

sampeimer
2007-03-14, 04:44 AM
When I try to place a window in a wall I get the following message - can't make type d/hung...' and the following message - none of the created elements are visible in floor plan view. You may want to check the active view, its parameters and visibility settings as well as any plan region and their settings...

What have I done wrong or messed up on the way???? Please help as I am getting g very upset.

dpasa
2007-03-14, 08:24 AM
When I try to place a window in a wall I get the following message - can't make type d/hung...' and the following message - none of the created elements are visible in floor plan view. You may want to check the active view, its parameters and visibility settings as well as any plan region and their settings...

What have I done wrong or messed up on the way???? Please help as I am getting g very upset.

As far as I understand, the two messages are connected.
The second one, is a very common message. It means that if your height is at 1.2m and the windows sill is at 1.5, then you won't see the window because it's not cut. You will see it if you switch to 3d view. If it is a mistake, then go to window props dialog and change sill height. Maybe you will have to change the type property "height" also. Or, you can use a plan region. Of course the first thing you should check is the views visibility props.

Now, the first message... It seems that there is a problem in your family . I can't say anything more without the file.