PDA

View Full Version : Appliance Tags?

Archimac
2004-07-12, 05:40 PM
Could someone help explain how to change the text size, font, and rotation for appliances such as refrigerators and washers. They are showing up too large. As large as room names.:?

Thanks!

Scott Hopkins
2004-07-12, 06:24 PM
The text label for your appliance family is probably a nested annotation family. You need to open the appliance family in the family editor, and replace the text label annotation with some thing smaller by loading in a new annotation label family. Attached are two smaller versions of annotation family labels that I use.

Steve_Stafford
2004-07-12, 07:34 PM
Worth noting that if you like to see same annotation at or in different scale views you may find the annotation tends to move relative to the object it is annotating. Sometimes too far away or too close...

To resolve this you can place an annotation and assign its visibility to just the medium and/or fine detail level. Then place another annotion for coarse or medium. This way on 1/8" scale plan the annotation will be located and appear how you want while a larger scale plan can do so too by adjusting the detail level setting for the view.

Archimac
2004-07-13, 03:21 AM
Thanks for the tips. They are over my head right now so I will print them out so I can try them later.

Thanks