PDA

View Full Version : Sketch Up vs Revit

hakancete
2007-03-14, 05:11 PM
Hello all,
I tried to bring in, curvilinear, horizontal and vertical shapes all in one drawing from sketch up to Revit, the first part, transfer (actually I linked it) went smoothly, but when I wanted to make them Revit walls and explode them (tried partial explode too) the objects blew away and couldn't be find on the view at all. The warning that I got was " there are 3D objects and 2D objects are exploded" beside the curvilinear the regular rectangular shapes were gone to. So, does any body have any idea where those shapes are gone?

twiceroadsfool
2007-03-14, 05:21 PM
How did you import them? Ive imported items from Sketch up in to a Mass Family, and then used "wall by face" to place Revit walls on them. This worked well the couple of times that ive tried it. I do not believe (though i may be wrong) that you can import, explode, and have items be Revit walls, can you?

dhurtubise
2007-03-14, 05:23 PM
Can't be done. SKP files can only be imported in a family or an inaplace one

coreed
2007-03-14, 06:39 PM
to bring in a sketchUp file and apply walls and the such, you to create a mass first.
name it as you like, import the sketchup file into the mass, finish the mass. now you should be able to apply Revit building components to the faces of the sketchup model

HTH