PDA

View Full Version : Tagging a sum of items..?

Rick Houle
2007-03-15, 02:06 AM
Is there any way in this wonderful program to "lasso" a group of like items
and tag the group with one tag that displays the total count inside.?
For example, a group of bushes on a landscape plan that can be circled somehow and the total count displayed in a tag...

aaronrumple
2007-03-15, 02:05 PM
Not really.

What's been missing in Revit is the ability to tag and schedule groups. It would also be nice if array groups displayed a count tag. That would be great for parking.

truevis
2007-03-15, 02:43 PM
Probably some kind of filtered schedule is the current workaround.

Rick Houle
2007-03-15, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the replies. I am THAT CLOSE to selling this thing to my Land Planning studio.

Any insight or direction you can offer on a "filtered schedule" approach to this..? I'm learning fast but that's new ground for me.

Thanks again.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-03-15, 10:58 PM
Create a text parameter for the family that you are grouping and call it Group ID. You can then assign a different value for each set of grouped items and when they appear in your schedule you can group/sort on that parameter c/w totals.

Rick Houle
2007-03-16, 01:45 AM
That worked good, thanks.
Is there any way to create a tag parameter that will display this total.?

davidcobi
2007-03-16, 03:50 AM
If it's for landscaping... I wonder if croping planter areas with room boundaries in a plan view and placing rooms into the boundaries is a good idea.

He could then create a schedule filtered by Room Name (or planting area in this case). He could also apply a color fill to the view and you have a simplistic colored landscape plan as well.

The tag would have to be a manual type in based on the result of the filtered schedule count as you guys suggested. And you would have to nest a shared generic model family or other family into all plant families to get a plant that will both host itself on the topography and schedule with a room name.

davidcobi
2007-03-16, 04:22 AM
Had to use the Group ID type parameter and had to make sure the rooms were placed at the right elevations, but there it is.

comhasse
2007-03-16, 08:08 PM
I posted a poll (vote here!) (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=57458) regarding a similar idea just a couple of days ago. It was more specific to just rooms but i agree, it would be great to expand this to all kinds of elements.

truevis
2007-03-17, 02:35 AM
Had to use the Group ID type parameter and had to make sure the rooms were placed at the right elevations, but there it is.You've got it. You could also break the schedules down even further to only show what's in each planter and put the little schedules on your landscape sheets in the appropriate places.

There are no rooms in planting schedules but you used multi-category and did it. Well done.