PDA

View Full Version : ADT2006 - Wall Style Question

StephenJ
2007-03-15, 01:41 PM
I have created a custom exterior wall style in ADT 2006 and want to exclude part of it from being detected by the doors and maybe windows.

There are three parts to the wall the stud/gyp partition, metal panel and a conc. base. From face of exterior (metal panel) to the inside face of finish (stud/gyp) it is 9 5/8" which works out fine. The problem I have is when I try to show the concrete base that is only 18" high and extends out from the exterior finish face it gets included cut by the window and my door frame extends to the new face.

I tried to give it an 18" height but the line didn't show in my plan and the door frames were extending to the additional 1" of concrete base. So, I left it full height to show in plan view. My question is there a way to exclude an component of a wall style from being detected by the doors and windows? and question #2 is ther a way to show a component that is shorter than the cut line?

Thanks

david_peterson
2007-03-15, 04:11 PM
Have you tried playing with the cut plane to show that wall that is below. If you really aren't cutting through that component you should be able to have it displayed. As far as I know you can't just exclude only one component from being detected. What you can do is add that line that you want to see in plan as a custom block to the window style, but that's about it. Or do you need this more for 3d rendering? There may be better ways to cheat on that. Just some thoughts.

joeswantek
2007-03-15, 05:20 PM
Is the wall cut completely through by the door when you switch to an isometric view?

StephenJ
2007-03-15, 06:49 PM
The bottom drawing is what I get if I leave the conc sill at the exteroir face at full height. I can see the line but it cuts the door and window openings to the sill.

The top drawing is what happens when I change the conc sill compoments top elevation to 18" above wall bottom. I cant see the component and the doors and windows think it is still there?

Ultimately I want to have the bottom drawing with the door frame and window sill at the face of insulation instead of the sill. I can live with what I have because this dillema will be detailed on my door and window sheet.

david_peterson
2007-03-15, 07:24 PM
I think if you turn off the "auto adjust to wall" for the frame thickness you can set the loction of the jamb. Same with the windows. I think.

joeswantek
2007-03-15, 08:22 PM
Can you post the wall style?

david_peterson
2007-03-15, 08:29 PM
Can you post the wall style?If you can, could you also post a section of that wall along with the door and window in it. That's going to be the easiest way for us to play with it.

StephenJ
2007-03-15, 08:31 PM
I think if you turn off the "auto adjust to wall" for the frame thickness you can set the loction of the jamb. Same with the windows. I think.I was thinking along that line. I set the frame depth to what size I wanted for my exterior door and edited the anchor. I was going to play with the window later. It is acceptable for now.