PDA

View Full Version : Detail callouts/sections or what? Explain please!

dbaldacchino
2007-03-16, 04:13 PM
I spent some time trying to digest the differences between the types of possible callouts, sections and elevation types: detail vs floor plan/section/elevation. I tried to condense as much as I could in one tutorial file. If you know of any other differences that are worth noting, please share them! Thanks and hope this is helpful to someone.

EDIT: Updated the file to 2008 and added a comment regarding non-detail callouts and the fact that they are visible only in parent views (where created).

Paul P.
2007-03-16, 10:55 PM
Dave, thanks alot for taking the time and effort, I'm sure many will find it useful.

Regards, Paul.

dhurtubise
2007-08-22, 12:17 PM
That doesnt explain why we have the ability in Detail View. Floor plan callout are actually floor plan cropped so it makes total sense.

dbaldacchino
2007-08-22, 02:53 PM
That doesnt explain why we have the ability in Detail View.

Could you please explain further what you mean by that statement? I'll gladly update that file if something's not explained/not clear. Thanks!

ijnicholas
2007-09-05, 02:44 PM
Detail callouts have parameters related to Farclip settings. A linked CAD dwg in plan may not be visible in the detail view because of this setting!
ni