PDA

View Full Version : Drafting Tools

richelleharp
2007-03-16, 09:45 PM
My hands have been trained to use Autocad and I am trying to break some of those habits. I am not that great with the basic tools in Revit. Mirroring is different I am learning to work with it. I also am clumsy with trim. For instance I have two parallel walls that intersect a wall perpendicular to them i would like to trim out the section between them. And leave the two remaining sections on the opposite sides of the parallel walls. Think of a newly created hallway.

Justin Marchiel
2007-03-16, 10:22 PM
you might want to try an split the wall between the 2 parrallel walls. then trim the piece toghether. hang in there. once you "forget" acad, you will be better off!

Justin

richelleharp
2007-03-16, 10:47 PM
you might want to try an split the wall between the 2 parrallel walls. then trim the piece toghether. hang in there. once you "forget" acad, you will be better off!

Justin

That is the key isn't it.

whittendesigns
2007-03-17, 01:06 AM
Yep, it is. Using reference planes helps out tremendously when you get in a bind. Trim command took me some time to get used to it also. Oh and you want to really get into your keyboard shortcuts. Way faster than ACAD

rjcrowther
2007-03-17, 08:10 AM
After a while you will probably come to prefer Revit drawing tools to AutoCAD. If you have to go back to Autocad you will probably find yourself missing the pick tool and the automatic constraints and snaps that think for you. Plus layering is a real pain in the neck.