PDA

View Full Version : Tag instance parameters?

Haden
2007-03-17, 06:14 PM
Is there any way to tag parameters of an instance, such as wall base constraint, wall base offset, etc.? I know I think the anwer is no, but I am looking for an automated way to tag things for a class handout in teaching Revit. Thanks.

aaronrumple
2007-03-17, 06:51 PM
Just a guess - but I think you could add a shared param in and then set it with a formula equal to the instance param you want to tag. Haven't tried it tho...

dbaldacchino
2007-03-17, 08:26 PM
If the instance parameter shows up only AFTER the family is loaded into the project, then the answer is typically no.

dhurtubise
2007-03-18, 02:47 AM
What David said is basically a rule of thumbs, and like he mention it's pretty much always true.
So i don't think that that parameter can be used in a tag.

mmodernc
2007-03-28, 05:45 AM
I have been trying to do this with a window tag that tells you what room the window is in. I know that there are "room from" and "room to" parameter sets available for windows and doors but they seem to be really quirky and seem to depend somehow on the construction of the window family.
Any clues?

xiqx
2007-03-28, 11:31 AM
I think I have don it.

I had a furniture family with a shared parameter
I then created a new tag family, select a parameter, choose shared, select the shared parameter from the furniture family.

when both those above are loaded in a project file you can let the value of the shared parameter show in the tag.

see my thread on room inventory, there is a pdf attached which explains it better.