PDA

View Full Version : Crop Region Problem

s.halliwell1752
2003-07-01, 11:30 AM
Currently having a small problem with my crop region in that, when printing if i want to print only part of the plan (which is often because even at 1:100 it only just fits on A1) it still prints all room tags and text outside of the crop region even if i hide them in the view.
Has anyone else had this problem? I spoke to our AutoDesk man here in England and he could not come up with an answer, is this worthy of a wishlist?!

cadmonkey, Liverpool

PeterJ
2003-07-01, 12:47 PM
If you put it on an A1 sheet and print to an A1 plotter at zoom 100% surely you will just get what you are looking for, as Revit will ignore that outside the A1 sheet and won't try and do a multi-sheet plot. I suppose the problem would occur if you were trying to take that A1 plot and print to A3 using zoom to fit, but if you zoom to 50% it would still be okay.

Having said all that I didn't know room tags showed outside a crop boundary, though text and reference planes will, but in both instances can be turned off in a view.

P

s.halliwell1752
2003-07-01, 03:47 PM
you can turn them off completely, but if you just want a few of the room tags on, and you "hide" the others outside that are outside the view but are still within the boundaries of the A1 sheet, the tags and text will print out. And the only way that i've found to get around this is by making a copy of the floor plan, deleting the pesky tags and then dragging and dropping the copy onto the sheet (if that makes sense!)

cadmonkey

Scott D Davis
2003-07-01, 04:03 PM
It sounds like you are on the right track. You should have a view that is your entire plan, not cropped. Then you should have copies of your plan, cropped appropriately, ready to be placed on sheets. You can have room tags on the 'overall' plan, and then a second set of room tags (which will fill themselves in with the proper information, very easy) on your cropped plans.

I think if you would have made a copy of the plan, but dont use the "with detailing" option, the copy would have no tags.