PDA

View Full Version : This curved wall.........

cwilrycx.109927
2007-03-19, 05:44 PM
Revitans I need your help. Here's the hypothetical. A multistory rectangular building, with terraces extending in cantilever, easy enough. One either of the short sides there is a curved wall that I am trying to trace using an imported AutoCAD drawing while in Revit Elevation. Well folks I can't. But the real question here is how can I curve a wall in revit when the curve is not in plan but in elevation? I am attaching an image of a Studio Max file illustrating what we are trying to acheive in Revit. Pay particulr attention to the ends of the building, that is where the curve is. Any and all help is appreciated.

Mike Sealander
2007-03-19, 05:59 PM
Edit profile, for one. Select the wall, hit Edit Profile, and have an elevation of the wall handy that you can go to.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-03-19, 06:21 PM
As Mike said, a piece of cake using the edit profile command (look on the options bar)

You can easily import the ACAD drawing into your elevation view and then pick or trace the line of the curve. Make sure you orient the dwg to the elevation view. I recommend using 'real' curves (arcs and tangent arcs) not spline curves. This will allow you to dimension the curve later on and pick it for offsets.

cwilrycx.109927
2007-03-19, 08:25 PM
Thank you, I will give it a shot and let you know the outcome.

SkiSouth
2007-03-19, 08:31 PM
A quick study - just a few minutes. Use this to study if you didn't see what Mike and Dimitri posted.