PDA

View Full Version : Uneven Doors in Schedule

jcoe
2007-03-20, 06:22 PM
Has anyone resolved this issue? This thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=31348&highlight=uneven+door+leafs) begins to address the issue, but only briefly.

Also, what would be the best method of building these family types? My current doors use nested frames and panels in a door opening. Would I follow my same method and just create new width parameters and call them Panel 1 and Panel 2?

Any / all responses are greatly appreciated.

Calvn_Swing
2007-03-20, 08:47 PM
I would create a separate family for uneven doors and even double doors. You could leave your existing doors alone and then create one additional parameter to accommodate the "unevenness." Or, you could just have the parameter for panel width control the width of one panel (pick one) and then align the other to the reference plane and have that existing parameter do the work. Hmm, I like that idea. I may have to do it myself...

Calvn_Swing
2007-03-20, 08:48 PM
What we've done for "double" doors is to create a panel family that actually has both doors in it. So, you could then nest the uneven doors into your standard door family and not have to change anything! I like it...

Now, I'm totally doing this...

mlgatzke
2007-03-20, 09:11 PM
In the event of double doors, I use the combined width of the two panels in the Width column of the schedule. Then I use the Comments or Remarks section to call out the size of each panel or if the panels are equal widths.

I too use one family for double doors, whether they are even or uneven. It doesn't matter, they're still double doors.

jcoe
2007-03-22, 02:08 PM
Guys,

Thank you for your quick responses and insight. This definitely gives me direction to start in.

Mike, just to clarify, to get the Width you spoke of did you create two panel width parameters and add them using formulas?

mlgatzke
2007-03-25, 03:10 AM
Mike, just to clarify, to get the Width you spoke of did you create two panel width parameters and add them using formulas?I use one parameter for the total opening and another for the width of one of the panels (Wider Panel is intended). Obviously, if the doors are equal width, the panel would be sized at half the total opening width.

pleasantc
2008-02-11, 10:49 PM
If your doors happen to be different types (nested families) as well as different widths, how would you handle that? Would that door just have to be its own separate family? I can begin thinking of all sorts of yes/no and if/then parameters you might use, but it seems like it would be more trouble that it's worth.