PDA

View Full Version : Field: FileName gets confused when plotting multiple drawings

piper
2007-03-20, 06:48 PM
Howdy,

I have the fields FileName & Tab Name embedded into a Title Block. When I have several drawings open & begin plotting, the Document name (in plot preview & on the hardcopy) reflect the name of the 1st drawing I opened....On the screen, the Field reflects the correct drawing name.

I noticed this when I reviewed several plots. All had the same drawing name plotted on them. The TAB names were all correct.

I am rewritting the Field to read 2 DIESEL strings instead of the FileName....

$(getvar,"DWGPrefix")$(getvar,"DWGName")

This works OK....BUT, is only a Band-Aid to the real problem.

Any Suggestions?

Best Regards,
Ray Foren
CAD Manager
Pigeon-Roberts & Associates
Ocala, FL

Mlabell
2007-03-20, 09:06 PM
Is it possible to see them problem drawings? Also was just several drawings, or does this happen all of the time across all work stations? I have the Filename field embedd into our titleblock too, and have never seen this problem. Maybe Taskbar? Or what is your "SDI" system variable set to? From AutoCAD's help file
Turns on multiple-drawing interface.

Turns off multiple-drawing interface.

(Read-only) Multiple-drawing interface is disabled because an application that does not support multiple drawings has been loaded. SDI setting 2 is not saved.

(Read-only) Multiple-drawing interface is disabled because the user has set SDI to 1 and an application that does not support multiple drawings has been loaded. (SDI was set to 1 before the application was loaded.) SDI setting 3 is not saved.

ccowgill
2007-03-21, 10:38 AM
I have recently experienced this problem as well, I used the dwgname system variable and experienced the problem when trying to plot out the drawings, but if I regened, it would place the correct name, then I would try to plot again and it reverted back. Very Strange. I am using DWGMan by CAE-Link, could this be a common element?

Mlabell
2007-03-21, 11:57 AM
... Very Strange. I am using DWGMan by CAE-Link, could this be a common element?I have not used this software, so I am unsure. Are you guys using Sheet Set Manager? I do not use SSM, I just open and print as needed, or for large sets I use scripts. I do have the drawing tab utility listed here... (http://autodesk.blogs.com/between_the_lines/2006/10/trick_or_treat_.html) I really doubt that would correct any programming errors. Maybe the service packs aren't installed?

ccowgill
2007-03-21, 03:56 PM
I dont use ssm, we are uptodate on updates and service packs, it was just a piece of mtext with a field in it for the dwgname that was messing up for me

Mlabell
2007-03-21, 04:10 PM
I dont use ssm, we are uptodate on updates and service packs, it was just a piece of mtext with a field in it for the dwgname that was messing up for meUse an attribute instead of mtext. Mtext is squirrley with fields. Attributes usually play better with fields.