PDA

View Full Version : Phase Created Existing - Detail

boofredlay
2007-03-20, 07:36 PM
When I switch my walls over to Existing Phase Created, the detail level goes away. I only see the outside lines of the walls, not the brick, sheathing, studs...

Is there a setting I need to check that will allow me to see fine detail on the existing walls or is that not available?

Thanks.

patricks
2007-03-20, 07:53 PM
That is usually the standard method for displaying existing to remain items, with less detail, so it's not confused with new walls, etc.

But if you want the layers to show, you can either go to Phases > Filters and set the Existing phase to By Category, or you can just change your view's phase to Show Complete.

Note that this will show the existing walls' layers, but it will not allow for the wall's graphic color to be changed, i.e. all the lines and cut patterns will use full strength black lines, just like all your new construction items.

boofredlay
2007-03-20, 08:05 PM
Thanks Patrick. Eventually I don't want the detail to show but for now I do...

patricks
2007-03-20, 09:04 PM
If you're just wanting to see the wall layers temporarily while you're drawing them so you can get everything in the right place, I would just change the plan view to Show Complete on phase New Construction, then after you get all the existing walls drawn, change it back to Show Previous + New.

If you're going to be demolishing items, you should create an Existing plan view, set to phase existing and filter to Show New (or Show Complete, either one). That way you'll have a view to refer to that shows all existing items, before anything is demolished. We do not typically show just an existing view by itself, with no demolished items, so that would be just a working view for us.

boofredlay
2007-03-21, 01:19 PM
That's great... thanks again Patrick.