PDA

View Full Version : Section Annotation with Elbow point

olakahahola
2007-03-20, 11:31 PM
Hi so this is a really simple question...I have two sections that are right next to each other...and are overlapping a bit...and there are no elbow point (the point to click on so the grid line bends to one side or the other) on sections like there are on Grids...
Now how do i add this parameter to a Section Annotation? Anyone....got a idea...and don't say move the section maker up...caus i got no space on the page...

dbaldacchino
2007-03-20, 11:49 PM
You cannot do that with section tags. You'll have to somehow stagger the sections. Flip one head on one side and the other to the opposite side. The other option is to create a special head with the elbow built into it and use that for your section.

olakahahola
2007-03-21, 01:12 AM
The other option is to create a special head with the elbow built into it and use that for your section.

Ok i tried looking at level Heads and see if they had an elbow parameter built into it...coudn't find one...anyone have any idea on how to do this. I only know basic parametric modeling...no scripting or complex formulas...so some help would be nice..thanks

rmejia
2007-03-21, 02:18 AM
Can you "split" the section close to the end at a pont where it would not affect what the section is cutting or where it is not cutting anything?

dbaldacchino
2007-03-21, 03:04 AM
You cannot build any elbow "parameters"; what I'm suggesting is to create an annotation family (section head) to look like the end result you want to see and use that for the section you want to jog.

jamie.casile80054
2007-03-21, 03:48 AM
sections don't have that "break" option like the levels and grids. but, you could definitely use the split to move the section head over a bit.
regards,
jamie