PDA

View Full Version : Problems selecting a Filled Region

Tyveka
2007-03-21, 02:42 PM
Okay, I have an interesting situation here... one of our users created a filled region in order to hide a piece of cabinetry. We need to get rid of the filled region however we can not select it. It simply is not selectable.

The only method I have found to get rid of it is to go to the families, detail items, filled regions, white solid fills, and select all instances, then methodically go through each view in the project and deselect EVERY other filled region except the one I want to delete. After all has been deselected, I delete the remaining filled region.

Is there a simpler way? And why would a filled region not be selectable? It is not a phase issue, nor is it a workset issue, nor a visibility/graphics issue, as far as I am aware.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you,
Jer

xiqx
2007-03-21, 03:06 PM
have you used the filter button.

make a broad selection window around the filled region. in the option toolbar you should see a filter button. unmark those categories you don't want to select and press okay.

it should help i think

Tyveka
2007-03-21, 03:55 PM
We tried that before I posted. No dice.

It is not even selectable when we select all instances of the filled region families, let alone trying to filter it out of a broad selection...

twiceroadsfool
2007-03-21, 04:34 PM
Have you tried deactivatng the view to see if the region is on the page, instead of in the view? Ive had a few people do that with text, and i end up trying to seelct it and cannot, lol...

EDIT: Noo, if select all instances isnt work, than that cant be it....

rmejia
2007-03-21, 05:28 PM
If you create a new filled region like the problematic one, does the same thing happen that it cannot be selected?

Tyveka
2007-03-21, 06:22 PM
No, creating a new filled region does not behave like the problematic one. It seems like one of those rare, random glitches.

Also, couldn't be the sheet/view thing because it is in the actual plan view. Not accessing any other views... and the rational of select all instances in addition to that.

I appreciate all the thought on this. We just spent the time combing our views to deselect all the other filled regions and then deleted this. I just want to know what to watch out for in the future for what might cause this. Very inexplicable, to me anyways.

twiceroadsfool
2007-03-21, 07:03 PM
I must have misread... I thought you couldnt even select it when you did select all instances?

davidcobi
2007-03-22, 04:10 AM
I'm guessing this is a workset enabled project.
Try Uncheck the Editable Only option in the Options Bar

If you can select it now go to Worksets... check Views and make the views editable.

dbaldacchino
2007-03-22, 06:19 AM
But a filled region is view specific and cannot be on a workset?

Didn't you say you were able to use "Select all Instances" by finding the filled region family in question in the project browser? If so, try copy and paste aligned->same place. Sometimes when we have problems with elements, such as an opening in a wall that loses it's sizing grips, we use this technique to "revive" the object.

davidcobi
2007-03-22, 09:10 AM
There are view worksets. I'm guessing that the workset for that view is not editable and that the Editable Only option is checked... If that is the case any filled regions that are on a not editable view workset can not be selected except by selecting all instances or by creating a new "borrowed" filled region in the same view.

dbaldacchino
2007-03-22, 01:52 PM
Thanks David, I understand what you're saying now.