PDA

View Full Version : Callout Views

Andrew Dobson
2007-03-22, 10:39 AM
I thought that when you selected a Revit callout view you could change it so that it referenced a drafting view rather than a model view, but I have forgotten how to do this, could anybody explain how, I cant find anything by searching previous threads

Thanks

Scott_Bloss
2007-03-22, 11:28 AM
Here are the steps to complete your request.

1.Go to the view tab select new view select the callout
2. Check the box "reference other view" this is located in the options bar.
3. Go to the pull down menu next to the "reference other view" dialog box and select the view you wish to reference.

If you do not follow these steps in order you will not get the desired results you are after. I hope this helps.

Andrew Dobson
2007-03-22, 12:38 PM
Here are the steps to complete your request.

1.Go to the view tab select new view select the callout
2. Check the box "reference other view" this is located in the options bar.
3. Go to the pull down menu next to the "reference other view" dialog box and select the view you wish to reference.

If you do not follow these steps in order you will not get the desired results you are after. I hope this helps.

Thanks for your help - I dont quite understand (1) but have created a callout on my section view. I have selected the callout, but there is no "reference other view" to select from - Not sure why this isnt there and thats why I am confused!

I have attached a screen image.

SCShell
2007-03-22, 01:06 PM
Hey there,
You have to start over. You must check the box "reference other view" before you actually place your new callout view.
Good luck
Steve

Mike Sealander
2007-03-22, 01:11 PM
I don't think you can change a callout from one that reference the model to one that references an existing view.
I think you might have to recreate the callout, and while creating it, choose the radio button for References Other View.
Maybe someone else can chime in. I also think you can't change a plan callout to a detail callout, although you can change a Building Section callout to a Detail callout.

bgauthier
2007-03-22, 01:22 PM
The only little thing is to reference other view when you create the callout. When you check the box, you cant either choose your view or make a copy / paste of anything else. The callout will be in Drafting views (Detail). You MUST check the Reference other view in the first place

Andrew Dobson
2007-03-22, 04:43 PM
Thanks everyone - if only software companies technical support was this quick and helpful. Autodesk should be paying you guys!