PDA

View Full Version : sloped roof

Tea_Berries
2007-03-22, 05:36 PM
I am currently creating a roof deck with 2% slope. I do not want to use ramp because then it will slope the whole floor including the ceiling. Is there a better way of doing this?This means that the roof SLAB will have uneven thickness, it will be thicker by 2% on one end.

Thanks
rose

Justin Marchiel
2007-03-22, 05:48 PM
sorry what are you looking to do? Create a sloping roof deck? I typically use floors for a low slope like this. you can use the slope arrows to acheive you floor.

If you are trying to create a slab that has a flat bottom, but a sloping top, you could create a flat floor and a sloping family on top (ie 2 components).

Justin

patricks
2007-03-22, 06:30 PM
Roofs can have slope arrows too.

Wes Macaulay
2007-03-22, 07:22 PM
I am currently creating a roof deck with 2% slope. I do not want to use ramp because then it will slope the whole floor including the ceiling. Is there a better way of doing this?This means that the roof SLAB will have uneven thickness, it will be thicker by 2% on one end.

Thanks
roseYou can do this two ways:

use a second roof object that's sloped, and use the join geometry to merge the overlapping volumes
create an in-place family that has the geometry you want
In Revit 2008 this is going to be VERY easy to do since you can spec a layer in the roof to be variable thickness and then slope to suit, and bottom of the roof stays flat.

Justin Marchiel
2007-03-23, 03:21 PM
sweet!

Justin

Tea_Berries
2007-03-23, 04:52 PM
Very cool...............