PDA

View Full Version : exporting the 3d view as line DWG

bimologist
2007-03-22, 07:17 PM
I am trying to export the 3dview to a dwg so I can add line work and prep it up a bit in autocad to take it to Impression or other program. I know impression takes DWF directly but it works best if you do some prep work in autocad , closed plines, layers etc assigned.

can it be done? right now it exports the whole 3d model
thanks

rmejia
2007-03-22, 07:46 PM
It exports whatever is turned on in the view that is being exported. Try turning of the visibility settings of what you don't need, then re export to dwg.

bimologist
2007-03-22, 08:00 PM
It exports whatever is turned on in the view that is being exported. Try turning of the visibility settings of what you don't need, then re export to dwg.
I only see what my camera view shows, but the CAD DWG file has the FULL model and a VIEW is saved which KIND OF matches the camera

sbrown
2007-03-23, 12:25 AM
If you put the view on a sheet, then export the sheet it will only draw the lines, not export the whole model.

bimologist
2007-03-23, 01:54 AM
If you put the view on a sheet, then export the sheet it will only draw the lines, not export the whole model.
not working . I tried putting it on a sheet and then export sheet. the layout does not even loo like the one on sheet. the model space has full model.
am I missing a setting.

thanks for all your responses.

bimologist
2007-03-23, 02:00 AM
ok it worked , maybe I had ACIS solids set before for something else could be goofing it up