PDA

View Full Version : Internal elevations not defined on plot sheets

mark_a
2004-07-14, 01:23 AM
Hello,
Internal elevations placed on sheets are not defined. Sometimes one edge is missing sometimes both. Sometimes all is as it should be. All is parallel and perpendicular, same with the elevation tags, perpendicular to the viewed plane. I have not been able to get all elevations to behave the same way. I hope I am missing something here.
Workaround #1 was to have the crop regions on. Can the plotted line weight of a crop region be controlled? (This WA is against our office policy, "Crop regions shall be switched OFF in plot sheets".).
WA #2 was to pull the crop regions slightly into the wall surface. (A last resort)
WA #3 was to place detail lines over the crop regions in each view.
Has anyone else come across this issue? And how was it sorted? Or am I missing something basic about internal elevations? Thanks for any help offered.

mark_a

Scott Hopkins
2004-07-14, 01:46 AM
The correct answer is....

There really isn't a good way to do interior elevations. Depending on the shape of the interior elevation most people use some combination of the three methods you describe. An interior elevation outlining tool has been a popular and long standing wishlist item. Refer to the following post...

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=2669

Wes Macaulay
2004-07-14, 02:52 AM
For what it's worth, I generally practice and recommend #2.