PDA

View Full Version : Template files - Renumbering

ita
2004-07-14, 04:48 AM
What is the method of getting the project file to start numbering new sections etc from 1. My template file starts numbering from 17 - which was probably the next after the 16 Sections used in the project that the template was developed from. :confused:

beegee
2004-07-14, 05:41 AM
In the template file, draw a section, then go to its properties and set it as section number 1, then delete all model elements and save.

I think that should work.

gordolake
2004-07-14, 06:27 AM
Same problem in my template. (upto section 22) I've already tried beegee's suggestion but I think it could be that the sectionb line is a system family. I cant seem to find where you might delete it.

ita
2004-07-14, 08:32 AM
Hi beegee, thanks for the tip . . . tried all of that and more. Does not work!!

The number does not default to 1 and nothing I have tried works. One would think that setting to 1 in the property box would fix it but it doesn't. Even if it is renumbered in the project file to say 1 (being the first section of the project) the next section is numbered to the previous last number - (say) 17 + 1 . . . heeeey presto Section 18. I have even deleted the sections from a copy of a previous project and import a clip file copy and pasted into a clean unused standard profile template - and the next number is the last section number of the copied project +1!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmmm??

The main reason (I believe) some of us set up templates like this is that "Transfer Project Standards" does not copy all aspects of the file across. e.g. Schedules are not copied and have to be re-formatted - which can be quite time consuming to rebuild. Now if ALL standards were selectable and transfereable then the issue would not arise.

beegee
2004-07-14, 08:45 AM
Hmmmm, I see what you mean. Strange behaviour.

PeterJ
2004-07-14, 02:02 PM
I think you can just cut ans paste schedules can't you? There was certainly some discussion of this previously.

adegnan
2004-07-14, 02:28 PM
What if you leave Section 1 set up in your template file, move it to the new location as needed, and then start creating new ones after that?

ita
2004-07-14, 02:51 PM
Thanks Pete, I did not know that. Abe, if you try the exercise the next number after 1 will be the highest number in the register+1 - so you will get the first section number as say 17 - change it to 1, next section numberwill be 18.

Thankyou all for the input. I now know it is a system issue and not that I had not understood how to zero the clock so to speak. Maybe the factory could look at this and provide a fix with the next release.

Frankly at this stage it is just as easy to change the name for each section unless I can find some time to make a new template using an unused system template. It is the thought of removing unwanted materials and line tyupes etc and installing hatch pattern libraires that makes me baulk. :( :( :(

Wes Macaulay
2004-07-14, 03:04 PM
Seems to me I had this problem too, so I set the only section in the file to Section 0, then deleted it, then saved it as a template. That was 5.1, tho. Worked for elevation tags and everything.

I agree that it's no fun creating a new section that calls itself "Section 86"!

ita
2004-07-15, 02:01 PM
Pete, I have looked for that discussion thread and cannot find it. Can you enlighten a liitle more please?

beegee
2004-07-15, 10:31 PM
Pete is changing the baby at the moment, but I think this is the thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=1421&highlight=schedule)that he was referring to.

ita
2004-07-15, 10:52 PM
Thanks beegee, I picked up on Pete's additional fatherhood after I made the request and I thought then I would probably need to wait a while for a response. Thanks mate.