PDA

View Full Version : Constraints are going to plot?

scowsert
2007-03-29, 02:13 PM
So I have this beam constrained in this box. Will those dimensions plot? I don't want them to I only want to use them to constrain the beam in the center of this space.

Thanks
Sage

Tom Dorner
2007-03-29, 02:23 PM
You can remove the dimension and Revit will give you the option to keep the constraints.

Another solution is to have anotehr view of your plan that is strictly a 'working' view that does not get plotted that hold all of your constraints. This makes it easier to find and modify the constrained dimensions/items.

scowsert
2007-03-29, 02:25 PM
Wow that was simple! :D

Thanks
Sage

cphubb
2007-04-02, 04:08 PM
Be aware that the constraints will now be invisible to other users. We usually do the constraining in a work view that will not get plotted. May cause some confusion when the beam gets moved, but users should be trained to look to the work views for constraining dimensions.

aaronrumple
2007-04-02, 04:13 PM
Be aware that the constraints will now be invisible to other users. We usually do the constraining in a work view that will not get plotted. May cause some confusion when the beam gets moved, but users should be trained to look to the work views for constraining dimensions.
Constraints on any object(s) will be exposed when the object is selected. You'll see a green dashed dimension line (the one you deleted) showing the relationship. You can select the ghost dimension and delete it to remove the constraint. It is a bit hard to see - so you have to know what you're looking for.

tomnewsom
2007-04-02, 04:18 PM
Seperate work and presentation views are the answer, and best practice. Edit the model in working views. Add details and annotations in the presentation views. Try to never open presentation views at all.

jeff.95551
2007-04-02, 04:23 PM
May cause some confusion when the beam gets moved, but users should be trained to look to the work views for constraining dimensions.

I think users should be trained to do all work that isn't Documentation in the work views. The work views are organized for team members and project design - notes about progress, dimensions all over the place, etc. and are usually at 1/4" or better for lineweights on the screen. Then you move over to the CD view and it is clean for paper.