PDA

View Full Version : Basic Restroom Rendering

stuntmonkee
2004-07-14, 05:43 PM
Nothing that special, but theres a mirror, so its kinda cool. 8-)

Note:

One problem I am having is getting things to light properly. On this one in particular it came out very dark compared to how many light fixtures are in the scene. This has actualy been brightened up.

gregcashen
2004-07-14, 06:11 PM
I know nothing about renderings, but this looks great to me!

bclarch
2004-07-14, 06:21 PM
The area under the sinks does look rather shadowy. You might want to play with the reflectivity of your materials and try increasing the number of reflection bounces.

Did you model those sinks in Revit or import them from somewhere?

Steve_Stafford
2004-07-14, 06:33 PM
Very believable image at first glance. Particularly nice materials on the counter, mirror, walls and sink assembly. Nice sink model too.

The missing flush valves on the urinal, no hardware on partition panels, towel/air dryers, garbage can, base trim...graffiti... ultimately give away the image as false... ;-) Not picking on your effort, just a comment on the depth and breadth of effort and elements needed to compose a totally convincing image. It's a lot of work.

stuntmonkee
2004-07-14, 08:28 PM
yeah, I tried increasing the reflection bounces, doubled them in fact and didn't a real big differeance. The other thing I noticed on this in particular, was that when I increased the lumens on my fixtures, it didnt tell me that the radiosity was out of sync? Thought that was odd.

Anyway, I know the color of the materials have a lot to do with it, but I should have more control I would think.

The sinks were modeled in Revit actualy. If anyone needs that family I can send it to them. Nothing fancy as far as parameters.

SkiSouth
2004-07-14, 09:55 PM
Help - Moderator my rendering allocation musta run out. I can't see or download these picktures - What am I doing wrong? Specifically - I can see the Thumbnail box in the post, but no attachments to be selected or viewed

beegee
2004-07-14, 10:20 PM
Help - Moderator my rendering allocation musta run out. I can't see or download these picktures - What am I doing wrong? Specifically - I can see the Thumbnail box in the post, but no attachments to be selected or viewed
There are no attachments as such. Just click on the thumnail image and it should open.

Roger Evans
2004-07-14, 10:38 PM
Very nicely done

I haven't tried it but would there be any benefit in tinting the mirror?

stuntmonkee
2004-07-14, 10:39 PM
Very believable image at first glance. Particularly nice materials on the counter, mirror, walls and sink assembly. Nice sink model too.

The missing flush valves on the urinal, no hardware on partition panels, towel/air dryers, garbage can, base trim...graffiti... ultimately give away the image as false... ;-) Not picking on your effort, just a comment on the depth and breadth of effort and elements needed to compose a totally convincing image. It's a lot of work.

Yeah, I wanted to take this further, and add more stuff to it, but the goal for this one was to show the sinks and how they interact with the space. So I got cut off before I could go much further. I had 3hrs to go from scratch to finished, and that included modeling that sink and creating the materials and colors.

stuntmonkee
2004-07-14, 10:45 PM
Very nicely done

I haven't tried it but would there be any benefit in tinting the mirror?

I've thought of that but thought it gave it a bit of a metallic look.

One of the problems with renderings is that you look for what’s wrong. And you start to think of how things look from memory. Mirrors could be one of them, but most mirrors don’t have a tint. You just know its a mirror, so you don’t ask questions. Point in case, how many times have you been eating somewhere, or at a bar, and you look across the room and see a low wall, and think "hmmm, this place is pretty big", and then once you really look, you notice that your all ready over there.

Maybe if I added some smudges or fingerprints to it?

The other problem is that everything is in focus. In reality, when you really look at something, your focused on a relatively small area. You see a lot, but think about what your looking at next time. . .unless I’m a freak, and some would say so. . . .when I look at something its like 1% of my field of view. So when you look at a rendering you can basically lock your focus of view and look whereever you want.

Does any of this make sense?

Roger Evans
2004-07-14, 10:50 PM
Yeah it makes perfect sense ~ what I was thinking of was that mirrors normally reflect a bit darker / tinted and looking at the image I was thinking "where's the light streaks"

Flipping brilliant to produce this in 3 hrs though well done

stuntmonkee
2004-07-14, 11:58 PM
Thanks

I'll tint it tomorrow just for ghits and shiggles. Maybe even add the smudges or streaks or something.

bclarch
2004-07-15, 02:50 PM
You need to add some graffiti. :)

SkiSouth
2004-07-15, 07:13 PM
Beegee, can't figure out my thumbnail problem. Need INsight if you have it. Found a link on Site Plan Creation! Thread posted by aquav that has an http: link to an image, - which I can select and see, and the thumbnail box is outlined across the thread box, but no thumbnail image to select, Checking my options for the site has the Thumbnails allowed selected. Is there a hidden switch in MS explorer that might be causing this? (This stinks - I wanna see the pretty pictures...)