PDA

View Full Version : Detail setup

bgauthier
2007-03-30, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone. I have a simple question regarding page setup. I need to show a detailed view of a family that I modeled (see attached). I need to show the front and back view and a lateral view. How do you manage those views. I know what i would do with AutoCAD but i want to get writ of this habit. Thanks

twiceroadsfool
2007-03-30, 01:12 PM
Have you considered making a Legend View? You can then use the Legend Components to inser the Plan / Elevation of your object in the view for detailing. Were using them here as well, but they are sometmes finicky. Some items will not let you dimension (walls), and such...

Hope this helps. :)

bgauthier
2007-03-30, 01:16 PM
I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. I can use a legend for that???

twiceroadsfool
2007-03-30, 01:24 PM
Go to View > New > Legend.

Then, once in the Legend, go to your Drafting Toolbar on the Left Hand side > Select legend Component. In the option bar (at the top) there will be a drop down with a list of some system families and some Family files that are loaded in your project. Select the family from the list, and drop it in to the legend view. Note it up. :)

bgauthier
2007-03-30, 01:55 PM
Thank you Aaron. This is one of those features that you see in the demo but you don't know when to use it. This will be very helpful

twiceroadsfool
2007-03-30, 04:57 PM
Anytime. Post back and let me know how it works for you! Were finding in our office that Legends and their components have amazing potential, but there are some bizarre limitations that we arent sure why they are in place yet, so it would be great to hear yuor feedback as well. For instace:

We can dimension Door Frames and Doors, but we cannot dimension Walls. I cant seem to place a Curtain Wall, but i can place a regular wall. I can put a wall in plan, but not a ceiling (For denoting a 2x4 grid, or a 2x2 grid), etc...