PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Soldier Courses in Masonry Wall

kst8arkitekt
2007-03-30, 02:11 PM
I am trying to create a masonry wall that has two brick soldier courses. One is at 2’-8” to 3’-4” and the other is at 8’-0” to 8’-8”. The soldier courses are supposed to be recessed from the rest of the brick 3/8”.

First, can I not just split those regions, somehow delete the brick in those regions, and then do a sweep with the ‘wall sweep – brick soldier course: 1 brick’ profile? The offset for those sweeps is set to -4”, but they do not show up in any views. When I couldn’t get that to work, I then tried to also to do a reveal profile (reveal - brick course: 3 bricks) at those same elevations to form the “cut” so the soldier course shows up. When I do that, the lower one works, but when I do the upper one, I get the following error message: "Could not create integral reveal for wall instance. Failed to cut wall"

Any suggestions?!?!?

Teresa.Martin
2007-03-30, 04:30 PM
Dear Revit User;
I am not sure why you are getting the error message. Could the reveal/sweep be above the height of the wall? I replicated your situation and both courses showed up so I am not exactly sure why you are getting the error. Please post a rvt file with the aforementioned wall.
Best regards,

szechuan3
2007-03-30, 04:40 PM
I would do a stacked wall - you can achieve the pattern you want and also offset the soldier coarses (created as a seperate wall) to the 3/8" you need to achieve.

SkiSouth
2007-03-30, 09:40 PM
another option is to reverse your sweeps - have the recess the main wall and add the "normal" brick (running bond) on as a sweep.

Oh, and welcome to the Forum..

Melarch
2007-04-01, 07:26 PM
What happened to vertically compund walls? I did not have a problem creating multiple hosted wall sweeps or reveals using the Host tool on the Modeling tab.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
MasterGraphics, Inc.