PDA

View Full Version : Slab wont paste aligned

beegee
2003-07-02, 02:24 AM
I have this complicated slab ( well it has different levels everwhere , so I think its complicated :wink: ) that I want to copy, then paste aligned in another view ( same level plan - different phase ) so that I can then amend its shape to allow for the fact that some of it is new and some existing. Am I making sense ? Anyway, when I copy it, I can't paste it aligned for some reason. I'm only allowed to paste from the clipboard which is not really what I want.

OK, so what am I missin' ?

beegee

ajayholland
2003-07-02, 02:53 AM
Beegee:

Different elevations or different Levels? I tried to re-create the problem but could not. Is the entire "Paste Aligned" sub-menu greyed out, or just current view?

:?: :?:

-AJH

beegee
2003-07-02, 05:59 AM
The slab is currently located on " Level 3 - New Plan". I want to copy it , then paste it into "Level 3 - Existing Plan ", then modify the version in that plan.
After I have copied it to the clipboard, the paste aligned dialogue has " current view" greyed out. The other options are still available. I tried picking the level, but nothing happened, although there was no error message.
In the level 3 New Plan, the slab starts above that level and falls to below that level. See attached.

beegee

sbrown
2003-07-02, 01:58 PM
Just copy it, you don't need to paste align, just copy it, then change the phase settings of the copy, then it will show up where ever the phase settings tell it to.

beegee
2003-07-02, 09:41 PM
Just copy it, you don't need to paste align, just copy it, then change the phase settings of the copy, then it will show up where ever the phase settings tell it to.

Unfortunately, copying it doesn't really help. I tried that, but Its got very specific alignments with other slabs. Its really a job for "paste aligned " and I can't figure out why that option wont work in this case.

beegee

ajayholland
2003-07-02, 10:08 PM
After I have copied it to the clipboard, the paste aligned dialogue has " current view" greyed out. The other options are still available.
beegee

In my experience, pick level only works in section and elevation views. You have one more option though. :wink: Select by name...

-AJH

beegee
2003-07-02, 10:21 PM
You have one more option though. :wink: Select by name...

-AJH

Hey, this is real " Twilight Zone" stuff ..... I just went to try "paste by name" and found the "paste aligned" option is now available and it works !

Damnit, I hate things like that, I'll lose sleep now trying to figure out if it was me or the programme or what !

Thanks for your help aj.

beegee