PDA

View Full Version : joining wall hatches

paul.meco
2007-04-02, 04:52 PM
Greetings all,

I am wondering if there is a way to make wall hatches join with one another, while aligning with the element. I am speaking specifically of the way that we like to hatch stud walls. We have three equally spaced lighter lines within the two heavier bounding lines. As these interior lines turn corners, they join and align with the new orientation of the the wall bounding lines. Anyone know how to do this in revit?

jeff.95551
2007-04-02, 09:00 PM
Paul - I can't get your picture to download. Try a smaller one or a different format.

paul.meco
2007-04-02, 09:27 PM
I made the image smaller, should be readable now. Thanks

jeff.95551
2007-04-02, 11:22 PM
I wouldn't even know how to automatically do that in Autocad. Is that a standard drafting convention?

You could probably get close by adjusting the wall types - you'd lose the actual information (2x4) etc., but you could adjust the core and finish thicknesses to be roughly equal. The join wouldn't be exactly like that, but could get pretty close.

ejburrell67787
2007-04-03, 09:51 PM
You can achieve most of that automatically by setting up your wall layers so that the correct ones wrap when two walls join. See the attached images - just a small section of line short from what you posted. Hope this helps.

EDIT: just noticed the text on your image... would change the stud thicknesses to 50mm (to generate the centrelines) instead of 100mm as indicated in the image!