jwilhelm
2004-07-15, 01:32 AM
I have attached a wall hosted sweep that is a concrete sill
I need to have the ends of the sweep round off toward the wall
at each end. The line tools are not available in plan view in sketch path mode
any ideas?

FK
2004-07-15, 02:28 AM
Why don't you use the Wall Sweep tool instead?

Mr Spot
2004-07-15, 02:48 AM
I would do as FK said using the wall types and then to have the sweep round off use an in-place family wall void to cut the curve out of the round off. Thats if i understand what your saying properly.

christopher.zoog51272
2004-07-15, 03:09 AM
if you really want to use a seperate family (i too would use a wall sweep for this). Sketch the 2d path in plan view, with the curves inlcuded, and adjust the profile as needed.

Z.

tatlin
2004-07-15, 03:23 AM
any ideas?
I took a look at the family. One thing to be aware of is that Revit has an idea of a workplane (kind of like a UCS in autocad). You can see a representation of the plane when you turn on the sketch grid visibility in the toolbar.

The reason why you can't add lines in plan in this family is that the workplane for this sweep path is a vertical plane (the side face of the wall). If you create a new sweep with the workplane set to a horizonal plane, you should be able to add two other segments to make the sweep return back to the wall.

If this is a once-off thing, it'd be faster to use a wall sweep in the project. If you need many of this sills (like under every window), a family-based solution is probably the best way to go.

tatlin
2004-07-15, 03:27 AM
if you really want to use a seperate family (i too would use a wall sweep for this). Sketch the 2d path in plan view, with the curves inlcuded, and adjust the profile as needed.

Z.
Gah! :x Zoog beat me again!!! That'll teach me - I was in the middle of replying and stopped to watch John Stewart.

Prodev75
2004-07-15, 03:32 AM
any ideas?

When you say "round off" which do you mean?
See attached jpg

christopher.zoog51272
2004-07-15, 03:39 AM
Gah! :x Zoog beat me again!!! That'll teach me - I was in the middle of replying and stopped to watch John Stewart.

lol, as usual ... I was faster, but you offered a much more complete answer ;)

jwilhelm
2004-07-15, 04:32 AM
Ok the Void works but this family is parametric, how do I get the voids to move with the ends of the sweep when I change the length?

sbrown
2004-07-15, 02:21 PM
voids are no diff. then solids, attach them to ref. planes and they will flex with the model or align them to geometry as needed.

Prodev75
2004-07-15, 02:45 PM
There are about 3 different ways to tackle this issue but I use the sweep.
Attached is the family. You see the description when you open the family. This is the 90dg turn option.