PDA

View Full Version : Schedule problem

ben.136902
2007-04-03, 11:09 PM
Has anyone run into problems with electrical fixtures not reporting on schedules correctly:

Specifically fixtures that do not report to the correct room. When sorting an electrical schedule by room - some fixtures are not assigned to any room, yet they are in the room with other fixtures that are correctly reporting their location.

I have tried this across 3 files with no associations and have found the problem in all of the files.

ron.sanpedro
2007-04-03, 11:49 PM
Has anyone run into problems with electrical fixtures not reporting on schedules correctly:

Specifically fixtures that do not report to the correct room. When sorting an electrical schedule by room - some fixtures are not assigned to any room, yet they are in the room with other fixtures that are correctly reporting their location.

I have tried this across 3 files with no associations and have found the problem in all of the files.

Is there a correlation between incorrect reporting and fixture type? Or where the incorrect items are hosted? And are the fixtures stock from the Revit library, or web downloads, or home built?

Gordon

ben.136902
2007-04-04, 12:55 AM
All vary - some are autodesk, some are mine - all of which are not reporting correctly.

Some are wall based, some are not.

Some report correctly attached to one wall in a room and not correctly attached to a different wall in the same room.

This seems like quite the revit bug.

ben.136902
2007-04-04, 01:21 AM
PROBLEM CLARIFICATION:

The problem happens specifically when placing a new fixture on an existing wall - the new fixture hosted on the existing wall does not schedule correctly - the fixture will show up on a schedule but is not categorized with any particular room.

I am guessing this is just a limitation?

dhurtubise
2007-04-04, 05:51 AM
Rooms are phase aware, so it might be that you don't have a room define for you new phase

ben.136902
2007-04-04, 03:13 PM
Room is created, outlets that are created as new items in an existing wall do not schedule correctly.

dgreen.49364
2007-04-04, 03:28 PM
The key is when you said that the new fixture is not catagorized with a particular room. Rooms are phase aware and so are schedules. For example, if you create rooms in an existing phase and then go to new construction, those rooms are not recognized. You have to recreate the rooms in your New Construction phase. Revit does not recognize rooms from one phase to the next. In your New Construction phase, where you placed the electrical fixtures, you need to recreate your rooms. That should fix the problem and associate the fixtures with a particular room.

Calvn_Swing
2007-04-04, 07:26 PM
Rooms are phase aware, however, just like you can add to an existing wall, you should be able to add to an existing room.

If you were creating fixtures in an existing view and they didn't have a room YET, then what you're describing is what is supposed to happen. The room isn't there yet, so the fixtures can't be in that non-existent room. However, if both the room and the wall are existing, and the fixture is indeed new construction (and new construction is occurring after existing - you laugh, but we had an employee re-do the phasing in a project and then everything was coming out backwards...) then the fixture should be added to the room in the new construction phase, just like you added the fixture to the existing wall in the new construction phase. It may not be a bug per say, it may just be that it isn't programmed that way.

If the previous poster's solution works (create a new room in the new construction phase and have that room own the fixtures - hopefully you can have the same room name in this case, I'm pretty sure you can.) Then things should be fine. However, since the room does still exist in the NC phase, it should still "take possession" of objects like the lighting fixture.