PDA

View Full Version : Display Issue

jcoe
2007-04-04, 06:47 PM
Could someone offer some suggestions as to why this might be happening? (See Images). When I place my doors everything seems to be fine but when I place my floors, the door swings gets covered up. I don't ever remember this happening before.

The door swing is made of symbolic linework, which, according to my understanding is seen through model objects? I also checked the floor to see if it was offset from the level I placed it and it does not.

The first image is the problem. The second image is what I want to see. At first I thought it might be an issue with my door family, but everything seems to be fine with the family. This one has me stumped.

Thanks

Steve Jager
2007-04-04, 06:49 PM
Are you using phases?

Calvn_Swing
2007-04-04, 06:57 PM
We had this happen on a project. The door was placed in the wrong spot. Somehow, after being modeled, it was dragged vertically in a section view (downward). As a result the floor was above the door, and the swing didn't show. That may or may not be your issue. Also, if you're modeling floors on top of a base slab and your doors are on level with the slab, this may also hide your swing. Go into a section view, and drag your door up a bit. If that doesn't make the swing appear, you've got a different problem... (beats me what that would be though...)

jcoe
2007-04-04, 07:06 PM
Are you using phases?
Yes I am working with phases. The floor was created in the existing phase. The phase in the image is new construction with a filter of Show Previous+New. There was and existing door that is being replaced with a new one and this is the door I am having issues with.

Thanks for the response.

jcoe
2007-04-04, 07:20 PM
We had this happen on a project. The door was placed in the wrong spot. Somehow, after being modeled, it was dragged vertically in a section view (downward). As a result the floor was above the door, and the swing didn't show. That may or may not be your issue.
We have a winner!!

I am not sure how this happened. I know I did not move the door vertically in section or elevation. All I did was change the door type and give it a new height. This would mean that my door height is changing from the head down? I am not sure how this is possible, because when I flex the door in the family editor it changes from the ref. level up. So who will win the prize for this one?