PDA

View Full Version : Best practice when it comes to Round Trip Work-flow

kknauss
2007-04-04, 07:01 PM
Does anyone have a best practice when it comes to marking up DWFs, bringing them into AutoCAD, making changes and republishing them back out.

I've had great response from my QAQC on how much they like Design Review as an alternative to redlining hard copies. But when it came to a couple CAD users trying to pickup those markups using Markup Set Manager, it was an entirely different story. The markup DWF they were using was a single multi-sheet DWF. One had to load it into CAD as a read only which meant that they had to save changes to a different file altogether. This meant in the end I would have multiple DWF files which doesn't excite me.

Also - the highlighting that occurs that corresponds to the markup status doesn't read through into AutoCAD. Is there a way to turn this on?

I like DR very much but was hoping there we others that could offer a better workflow or method for round tripping than what I've come up with.

Thanks,

Kerry

Mike.Perry
2007-04-09, 09:12 AM
Does anyone have a best practice when it comes to marking up DWFs, bringing them into AutoCAD, making changes and republishing them back out.

[ SNIP ]Hi

Have you tried searching Beyond the Paper (http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/) blog site?

If no, try plugging in the following search criteria / key words (I got some pretty good results when I entered them)...

Workflow

Round trip

Have a good one, Mike