PDA

View Full Version : legends

lila
2007-04-04, 07:04 PM
can you transfer legends from one project to another?

Justin Marchiel
2007-04-04, 07:11 PM
yup you can. i cant remember the exact procedure, but you can either copy the viewport and paste into the new project sheet, or just create a new legend and copy paste the info into the new view.

You cant use the transfer project standards tool if that is what you are looking for.

Justin

lila
2007-04-04, 10:03 PM
yea, i was hoping i could use the transfer project standards tool or something similar

twiceroadsfool
2007-04-04, 10:12 PM
You cant use transfer Project standards, and you cant use save to file/insert from file with legends either.

In terms of copying and pasting the elements, what does it do if elements in one project do not exist in the other? IE, if you have a wall legend with legend components for all your wall types, and you copy them in to another projects legend, will it also copy over the offending wall types?

This is a constant struggle for us, as people keep copying and pasting modeled objects from projects that have different wall types set up... lol...

Justin Marchiel
2007-04-04, 11:46 PM
from what i remember the copied elements then get inserted into your new project. i have not done it in awhile, but i dont remember it being an issue.

Justin