PDA

View Full Version : Stair Help

dsw98
2007-04-04, 07:08 PM
I'm trying to create a stair with a swooping radius at the bottom with a landing in the middle. I've been able to get the landing to work, but can't get the radius at the bottom to work. I keep getting the "Stairs require no more than two boundaries (chains of one or more Boundary Lines)." error. Can someone help me out here? See attachement.

sbrown
2007-04-04, 07:48 PM
can you copy paste what you have into a new file and post. Basically what I do is split the boundary line where I want the curve to start, then draw the curve shape with the boundary tool. then trim /extend the riser lines to meet the boundary. in the last couple releases the boundary lines seem to have gotten much more prone to the error your receiving even when I'm sure that everything closes I still get that message occasionally.

If you need a full round shape at teh bottom I usually put an in place GM family there with stair subcategories to control visibilty.

dsw98
2007-04-04, 08:03 PM
Yep that is the way I'm trying to do it. Not sure how or what I'm suppose to post since it won't work?