PDA

View Full Version : Boolean Operation error - a null solid has been created. cancelled

danzashishimai
2007-04-05, 12:09 PM
Hi,
After making one any of the 3 operations, all the solids which have done an operation part are completely removed. The problem is alone on a few solids.

Thanks in advance for the solutions to the problem.

H-Angus
2007-04-05, 02:16 PM
Hi,
After making one any of the 3 operations, all the solids which have done an operation part are completely removed. The problem is alone on a few solids.

Thanks in advance for the solutions to the problem.When you do this take care to read the command line, what I "think" is happening is that when you use a solid to do a boolean operation you are given the option to delete the solid and the default is yes, so if you are hitting return a few times you may be choosing to do this by accident.

danzashishimai
2007-04-05, 03:29 PM
This is the message which appears: "a null solid has been created". "cancelled"

danzashishimai
2007-04-05, 03:36 PM
what I "think" is happening is that when you use a solid to do a boolean operation you are given the option to delete the solid and the default is yes

What option do you refer to?

In the file at issue the problem is not on all the solids.

jaberwok
2007-04-05, 06:10 PM
This is the message which appears: "a null solid has been created". "cancelled"

Can you post a file that behaves that way?

H-Angus
2007-04-05, 06:14 PM
Can you post a file that behaves that way?That would probably help.

What option do you refer to?

In the file at issue the problem is not on all the solids.I think you can ignore my previous thoughts, I don't think thats the case here now.
Do you run any third party plug-ins?

danzashishimai
2007-04-05, 10:16 PM
This is the file. There is 2 solid, which one very complex, created with "loft" and then "thicken".

jaberwok
2007-04-05, 11:09 PM
For me, the commands appear to work, give no error messages but actually do nothing.

Sorry, no help here.

danzashishimai
2007-04-06, 05:35 PM
I have tried in other AutoCAD versions:

-in AutoCAD 2006 this message is shown: “Error modelling operation: conflicting information in the attributes of vertex and edge.”

-in AutoCAD 2008 nothing doesn't happen.

-in AutoCAD 2007 have already written in a preceding post.

is it a problem of the solid?

danzashishimai
2007-04-10, 03:23 PM
I have verified the solid object with the _solidedit command, option verifies, and valid shapemanager is not a solid.
I cannot do anything else than draw the object again!

p.s. Excuse me for my bad translated English.

jaberwok
2007-04-10, 07:06 PM
is it a problem of the solid?

I think it must be. :-(

ronie_ernanto
2007-04-16, 01:59 PM
This is my experiment using 2007 :
I slice the object twice, you can see it from top view.
left and middle object can union again,middle object can be subtracted by the box.
I guess the problem is on the right side object, but I still don't know what's wrong.Sorry, I can't help.

Sometimes this problem happen with me too, and as you did I must draw it again.

danzashishimai
2007-04-17, 10:18 PM
Thanks!
Can be a solution isolate the problem, as you have advised.