PDA

View Full Version : ROOF CUTS

ArchWestCY
2007-04-05, 08:38 PM
I am trying to create awnings for a building. I have a 2" Metal Standing Seam on Plywood roof with an awning bracket below. I need the ends of the roof to cut square. That is to say that when looking at a section of the roof. I need all angles to be 90 degrees. I have tried the 3 options "Plumb Cut, Two Cut-Plumb, and Two Cut-Square,," but none of them offer a true square cut for the ends of my roof. I need both the top and bottom ends cut this way. Any ideas? I wasn't able to change the top cut at all.

Thanks for your help.

sbrown
2007-04-05, 09:10 PM
This is a known bug, however submit it anyway. Basically the only workaround is an inplace roof family or maybe a roof create using a mass.

ArchWestCY
2007-04-05, 09:22 PM
Thanks. That was the answer I was afraid of. Creating an In-Place Roof Family won't be very difficult, just more time consuming than I had hoped.

sbrown
2007-04-06, 12:52 PM
I think you may want to build the whole assembly in the family editor, these types of awnings usually have "seams" so that might work better unless it wraps the corner.

ejburrell67787
2007-04-06, 02:04 PM
I would second Scott's suggestion to build this in the family editor - chances are you'll want more than 1 or them also!

Pity there still isn't any control of the top edge of a mono-pitch roof - only way currently seems to be through a edge profile (fascia) which looks right in 3d but still doesn't include the roof build up in section.

d.stairmand
2007-04-08, 02:46 AM
you could try and add a fascia or gutter to the top and bottom of the roof, with the profile sahped like the wedge - a detail component embedded within if you want?

Dwane Stairmand