PDA

View Full Version : SIM notation on view tags

csmith.123459
2007-04-06, 12:04 AM
This seems like a simple (read: noob) question, but I've been trying to figure out how to work with this and have so far not had any luck.

In our project, we have a number of standard details that are being linked from ACAD into a detail view. Several of these details are referred to from multiple places, i.e. they appear in multiple places in the model. However, in some cases there are exact references, and some are SIM cases where the detail isn't exact, but the difference isn't enough to warrant a separate detail.

The problem is that the ability to toggle the SIM notation appears to lie only in the tag type properties, so that if I attempt to get one tag to show the SIM notation, all of the tags do. Is there some way to have this function be instance-specific?

I feel like I'm missing something really obvious here...

Thanks.

ejburrell67787
2007-04-06, 01:59 PM
If you use a genuine callout then it won't have the 'sim' notation, if you use the 'Reference other view' option it will have the 'sim' notation next to the callout. If nyou are using all imported details then you can still do a genuine callout and just turn off all the revit geometry in the detail view, that way the callout symbol won't have the 'sim' notation.

HTH.

chris.macko125036
2007-04-06, 03:41 PM
I just delete the sim label from the family so the tag will never show it. If I do want it to show up somewhere, I just add some text in the view, but more often than not I don't want it showing up.

csmith.123459
2007-04-06, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the workarounds for this issue. Is it possible to create a custome tag family in which the SIM notation is a checkbox option in the instance parameters?

ejburrell67787
2007-04-07, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the workarounds for this issue. Is it possible to create a custome tag family in which the SIM notation is a checkbox option in the instance parameters?I think call-out tags are a system family so not editable... might be wrong though.