PDA

View Full Version : R4 - Filled Regions and Controlling

dlevesque
2007-04-08, 04:06 PM
Unless I am missing something, here goes....

Would like to control the line Assignment used to create Filled Regions (not the polygon boundry). In Revit's case 2D Filled Regions are being controlled by the Model Object Style category under the Detail Items and not under the Annotations Object Style.

It would be great if we could assign a new sub-category for the Filled Region content as you can for Detail Lines.

Not being able to have this control also creates no mapping control when exporting to Autocad or any other export.

Layering mapping control only allows one assignment of Filled Regions. Well I could assign lets say S-Hatch, but because the Filled Region cannot be Phased all Filled Regions will be mapped out as S-Hatch not S-Hatch-New or S-Hatch-Exist.

Please advise if I have overlooked something. I have been able to export just about everything else to Autocad in define layer format. With the following issues:

1. Unable to control Filled Regions Export Mapping per phase or equivalent Autocad layer usage.
2. Opaque Revit text will not be masked in a exported Autocad File. We only use "transparent" now in lieu of this.
3. Have not been able get the "-New" suffix to append to designated layer. "-Exist" works fine according to phasing.
4. I hope someday that the dimensions will have the ability to control the width factor. This is a big set back when exporting to Autocad never mind the actual placement in Revit when space is always a constant battle.
5. It would be great to able to convert Revit lineweights (Especially Steel members coarse mode definition) to Autocad width matching Polylines. I know this is available for rooms. Wondered what the impact would be to have that programmed and available as an export option.

Overall though, this is the best exportation to Autocad I have seen yet.

Regards,

Feel free to contact me for detail information
Dan Levesque
dlevesque@nginc.com

ejburrell67787
2007-07-26, 05:10 PM
I found the exporting of filled regions a bit of a challenge too. I resorted to using visibility / graphics overrrides for the view and ticking the 'transparent" option for the detail items for the export process. Unfortunately this results in all details items having no fill of any sort, but this was the most practical solution I found to issue plans to consultants.

SivateHussain
2008-11-20, 07:15 AM
We are not able to define a sub category for the Filled region for control over it in project environment. Like while we use two solid filled region with different colors in a family. It will become one and we can't control that.

Regards,
Sivate Hussain
Satellier Inc.