PDA

View Full Version : wall problems

nandini
2007-04-09, 10:29 AM
hi,
i have a few wall problems here...
in Image 1, the line marked should not show when the two walls are joined...the work around would be that i leave a negligible space between them...but is there any other soln please?
and in image 2, i want to see just the mortar lines as thick and not all the comman faces...this option is not available in object styles...
can anyone please help...

jamie.casile80054
2007-04-09, 10:38 AM
Hi Nandini,

You can use the Linework tool. It is a view-specific change, so the linework would only change in the view that has been edited. No model changes would be made to the wall structure.

Aloha,
Jamie

papurajx
2007-04-09, 12:36 PM
Hi Nandini,
Can you rephrase your question clearly with details?

rgds

nandini
2007-04-09, 01:29 PM
hi,
with regard to image 1, the wall composition is core of masonry, plaster on the inside and a mortar on the exterior with a brick cladding...the plaster line should show as a thin line and the mortar line just below the finish should show as a thick cut line...
i changed the representation in object styles...but, at the and, the plaster on the interior gets filled up in the way i do not want...as shown in the image. this cannot be corrected with line work as the entire length would change...
with regard to the image 2, the wall composition is core of masonry, plaster on the inside and a mortar on the exterior..when i set the object styles, common lines to show as a thick line, all the common faces show up as thick...how do we address this?linework does not work and would become cumbersome too...
could you please help?

papurajx
2007-04-10, 04:30 AM
Place the walls in a small file, purge the file and send it to me.....let me try to sort it out for you.

tim.101799
2007-04-10, 02:54 PM
hi,
with regard to image 1, the wall composition is core of masonry, plaster on the inside and a mortar on the exterior with a brick cladding...

I know this is a little off topic, but why don't you have an air space / cavity between your cmu back-up and brick veneer? Where is this being built?
If this was an unfinished industrial space I could possibly justify using a sold composite masonry wall. But seeing how you have a interior finish (plaster) I can potentially see future moisture problems with this type of construction.