PDA

View Full Version : a slight skew in my RCP

ntnik
2007-04-09, 02:21 PM
i am working in my reflected ceiling plan.... the supply and return and lights are coming in with a slight skew....i assume i have a conflict between my building coordinates ( i did not do the site work or siting) and the components. ... i do not want to screw anything up

Calvn_Swing
2007-04-09, 02:47 PM
Need a little more info...

You're saying that you are importing a mechanical drawing (from systems or building?) and it is coming in a little off?

When you link in a file, you can choose to do so by several options. If you have already set up "shared coordinates" for that link then you can link in by those coordinates. If not, you need to move the link to the correct position and make a a shared coordinate for that link using the publish shared coordinates option.

Then they should come in correctly from then on.

If you linked in origin to origin or center to center, then the link would only come in correctly if it just so happened to share the same origin or center. This is highly unlikely as Revit hides the origin in most cases, and the center position could change as you add stuff, so even if it comes in correctly once, it may never do so again. Get shared coordinates set up and it should be fine...

Good luck!

bbeck
2007-04-09, 03:17 PM
Is the error you're seeing just a graphic display issue? Zoom in real close and hover your cursor and see if the entity highlights in the correct spot. I've seen issues with items displaying incorrectly when site elements have been brought into Revit with large coordinate systems. OpenGL has some problems with the math.

patricks
2007-04-09, 06:28 PM
I just looked at it. The problem appears to be that True North and Project North are backwards, i.e. all the building plan views are set to True North and are orthogonal, while the site plan is set to Project North and is rotated slightly.

So the ceiling plan was set to True North, but why would that make families come in slightly rotated when trying to place them?