PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with DWG import/link...

twiceroadsfool
2007-04-09, 06:38 PM
We have a file from AutoCAd that we need imported or linked in to our Revit Floor plan. We do this about fifteen times a day without issue.

For some odd reason, this file refuses to cooperate, and im wondering if we are missing something, or if it is corrupt.

The file itself (attached) will import fine, but the lines on the layer "a-wall-new-int" refuse to show up. You can see the hatch on a-wall-patt" that is inside the walls, but the lines defining them do not import. This is extremely troublesome because we dont want to see the hatch, but we need the lines.

Things ive tried:

I verified that the layers are all on in AutoCAD, and that theyre all importing.

I verified that the line style is something visible both in VG overrides, and in Object Styles.

I audited the ACAD file (no errors).

Ive tried switching the lines to a non-offending layer, with no luck.

Ive copied and pasted the elements to a clean CAD file, with no luck.

Ive redrawn the lines, with varying success. If i scribble, it shows up. If i trace those lines? Nope.

I deleted all the hatch, then imported... No luck.

Ive Xrefed this file underneath a blank one and traced, no dice.

Ive tried it in blank Revit files, and in our project file.

-----------

This is insane, and its a silly problem. Currently were tracing it with Drafting lines, but thats a gigantic waste of time when we HAVE the CAD file.

Can anyone think of something were missing?

twiceroadsfool
2007-04-09, 10:08 PM
Swim, post, swim! Dont sink!!

sbrown
2007-04-09, 11:56 PM
I started to post earlier today and deleted because I can't be of much help except to say that this is a known issue, but I know of no solution. If you do a search you should find out more about it. It either was a problem with proxygraphics settings. or location to 0,0,0 or too many lines.

Firmso
2007-04-10, 12:22 AM
We have a file from AutoCAd that we need imported or linked in to our Revit Floor plan. We do this about fifteen times a day without issue.

Can anyone think of something were missing?

I've had this same problem not too long ago. I fixed it by making sure the hatch boundaries are Closed Polylines and then imported to Revit.

I hope this helps.