PDA

View Full Version : Detail Callout View Depth

captainbunsaver
2007-04-10, 07:45 PM
I found some threads that come close to this isue, but not quite.

Why does this call out not show the web of the brace?
I have tried everything to get the "view depth" to show it, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

TC

patricks
2007-04-10, 09:04 PM
For some reason, the view on the right looks like the view's cut plane is situated with the webs of the braces behind the cut plane. I say this because it looks like the cut plane is cutting directly through the vertical web of the wide-flange beam on top, and only cutting the flanges of the channel braces below it.

Now that would not make sense if it is in fact only a detail view of the view on the left. Is the view on the left a section cut or an elevation view? Are you sure it's sufficiently back away from the framing you're trying to show?

luigi
2007-04-12, 12:53 AM
Along the same lines that Patrick mentioned....

If the red from the elevation view is the section, then it is weird, but if the red is the elevation, then it seems as though the detail callout was originated on a different drawing than the elevation. It could be that the bracing members are not centered on the beams, and the detail is cut beyond the web of the bracing member...try to find the location of the detail in plan...you should be able to have it show in all views, not just the parent, and in all intersecting views...

Hopefully it works out for you...

I found some threads that come close to this isue, but not quite.

Why does this call out not show the web of the brace?
I have tried everything to get the "view depth" to show it, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

TC

jmctamney
2008-09-16, 08:06 PM
When doing a callout view from a framing elevation the "cut plane" is the centerline of the brace. That being said, you can't see the web of the channels is because the centerline of the channel is not in the web like it is for a wide flange.