PDA

View Full Version : How to handle slightly skewed property lines?

patricks
2007-04-11, 10:06 PM
I have a site plan with property lines of bearings like 0 degrees, 1 minute, 56 seconds, which is 0.03222222 degrees. How should I handle that on my Revit site plan? If I try to rotate the project by 0.032 degrees, I'm afraid I will end up with numerous "slightly off-axis" errors, similar to a previous project where the site was rotated something like 45.xxx degrees from north.

But then if I don't rotate it, either my property lines will report incorrect bearings, or I will end up with a building that is not parallel to any of the property lines, and so I won't have anything to dimension from when dimensioning the building and parking lot on my site plan. Suggestions?

Rhythmick
2007-04-15, 05:37 PM
I'm not sure I'm understanding what the issue is. Sounds like you are wanting to align Project North with the lot line. If the project was not drawn parallel to the lot line to begin with you may want to link the site plan and align that way.
To dimension an unparallel building or parking lot, dimension from the lot line to the nearest point of the building or parking lot.

patricks
2007-04-16, 08:15 PM
Well we usually align the building with at least one property line, or more if the property has at least one right angle, to help with dimensioning the site layout. But with the property lines of this site being a tiny fraction of one degree off of cardinal directions, I'm afraid that if I rotate the site that fraction of a degree, I will end up with never-ending "slightly off-axis" errors. But if I don't rotate it, the property lines will not report the correct bearing and distance.