PDA

View Full Version : Roof, sweep, blend and surface pattern.

boofredlay
2007-04-12, 01:56 PM
See attached.

I created this eyebrow roof for a gate house and started applying textures. As you can see the roof material surface pattern shows up on the main roof but not on the blend or the sweep "kicker".

Anybody know why?

Max Lloyd
2007-04-12, 02:00 PM
No idea, suface patterns and material maps never seem to like curved sufaces too much....however, I am curious to know how you created it...looks cool!

Max.

AP23
2007-04-12, 02:20 PM
See attached.

I created this eyebrow roof for a gate house and started applying textures. As you can see the roof material surface pattern shows up on the main roof but not on the blend or the sweep "kicker".

Anybody know why?

At AU 2005, there was a guy that asked the same question at a class were they used a Frank Gehry building as demonstration. The answer was to draw it manually on the surface. Revit can't generated that automatically.

boofredlay
2007-04-12, 02:28 PM
Thanks Max.

I created the roof with no overhang. 24/12 on the ends and 18/12 on the sides. Then the kicker was done in 4 sweeps (actually 2 and then mirrored). The sweeps on the ends and the eyebrow sweeps. The eyebrow part of the roof joining with the main roof was a solid blend. See attached for the shape of the base and top.

Eric

boofredlay
2007-04-12, 02:30 PM
At AU 2005, there was a guy that asked the same question at a class were they used a Frank Gehry building as demonstration. The answer was to draw it manually on the surface. Revit can't generated that automatically.

Thanks for the reply Andrew.

It seems that at least on the flat part of the sweeps it would show up as they are seperate sweeps from the eyebrow. Maybe the surface pattern just does not like sweeps, solids or blends?

Max Lloyd
2007-04-12, 02:39 PM
I see. So your whole kicker / fascia / guttering detail is a sweep that goes right around the roof? Good solution.

The main reason I wondered was due to that as it looked so neat I couldn't work out how you had done it using the fascia command (as I had assumed the roof wasn't a real roof)

Many thanks,

Max.