PDA

View Full Version : KEYNOTE

shenderson
2007-04-12, 03:26 PM
i've read thru several keynote threads and still i am lost.

all i need to do is use a keynote like a text note but instead of copying the text note around the project, place the keynote symbol with a leader and produce the keynote legend.

for example in plan i have a railing that will be a temporary railing for this phase and i have railings that are permanent. i need to tell the contractor that. can i not use the keynote symbols and leaders and then write a 'text note' that will show up in the list?

ArchWestCY
2007-04-12, 03:46 PM
You can use a note block to keynote your drawing. It is a lot easier than editing Revit's automatic keynotes in their .txt files.
With a note block you place it in your drawing and then duplicate it. Change the name and keynote number then write the description in the properties of each note block. Then go to View...New...Note Block. The list of note blocks show shows up as a schedule, and can be pulled onto many sheets.
I have uploaded our Note Block. It is able to use numbers, letters or a combination of both as the keynote.
Good Luck.
I hope this helps.

shenderson
2007-04-12, 04:00 PM
thanks,

i'm giving it a try right now...may have more questions in a bit.

shenderson
2007-04-12, 04:24 PM
i've got the note block working...

in this project i am going to have several different list of 'keynotes' (noteblocks).

-overall plan and elevation keynotes
-plan keynotes
-elevation keynotes

Tom Dorner
2007-04-12, 04:32 PM
For each note block you need a different family. You can simply copy and rename the family you started with in Windows Explorer or open it up and do a couple of 'save as'. This way you will have a note block schedule for each type you need.

ArchWestCY
2007-04-12, 04:32 PM
So, all you need to do is save the Note Block family with a different name (i.e. Overall, Plan, or Elevation. Bring them all into the project. When you duplicate this family you will get the same keynotes and descriptions in the new Note Block. Just edit the Note Block properties for these new notes to say whatever you like. Create the Note Block schedule for each of them. It's that easy.

shenderson
2007-04-12, 04:40 PM
thanks for all the help!