PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2008 & Authorization

Steve_Stafford
2007-04-13, 06:28 PM
If you are having any trouble getting authorization for Revit you can try this SITE (https://registeronce.autodesk.com/custreg/beginRegistration.action) at Autodesk instead.

This site requires you to create a login if you haven't already. Once you are logged in you need to choose the account, supply the serial number, supply the request code and then you'll get an activation code. The request code is created when you attempt to register Revit from inside Revit.

Good Luck

dgraue
2007-04-13, 06:55 PM
If you are having any trouble getting authorization for Revit you can try this SITE (https://registeronce.autodesk.com/custreg/beginRegistration.action) at Autodesk instead.

This site requires you to create a login if you haven't already. Once you are logged in you need to choose the account, supply the serial number, supply the request code and then you'll get an activation code. The request code is created when you attempt to register Revit from inside Revit.

Good Luck

Thanks Steve, that worked!
Registering Autodesk products seems to be far more complicated than using them.

cblackford
2007-04-16, 02:40 PM
One other option is to send an email to authcodes@autodesk.com containing your Subscription ID, server name and ID (Mac Address).

For distributed servers, list each Machine separately along with the license count for each one.

I just did it and received my new licenses in a matter of minutes.

patricks
2007-04-19, 09:04 PM
Not working for me. I'm using our subscription code from RB9.1, as our 2008 disc has not arrived yet, but I assumed it should be the same. It says the code is invalid.

Anthony.d
2007-04-20, 04:04 PM
Not working for me either!

patricks
2007-04-20, 04:10 PM
2008 DVD just arrived. The Subscription number is the same as what we had before, but I am still unable to register the product, even on the Autodesk website.

sdakota007
2007-04-20, 07:20 PM
I too was bit by the same autodesk registration bug. I too encountered the same error message indicating that my s/n was invalid.

After contacting Autodesk I was able to activate by phone. In speaking with the very helpful person this is a very common problem and they are "working on it". Also apparently after three attempts with failure the Autodesk computer will permanently disable your online ability to activate... thinking that you are a crook and trying to pirate activate...Which means you have to telephone them to get your activation code.

They indicate that you can do all this on line, however, as I understand the www emails are not secure and can remain on someones server for eons. I feel strongly that some kind of secure connection be established between my computer and autodesk for sensitive information to move between computers...Email is not secure and not safe!

Below is the info they emailed to me in response to my email asking for HELP!

""""
Thank you for your request. In order to generate an activation (authorization) code we will need the request code that is displayed on your monitor after you begin the activation (authorization) routine.

Please email your original attachment with the request code back to us, or feel free to call us Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.

I apologize for the delay in completing your authorization request.

Thank you for contacting Autodesk.

Joanna
Product Registration & Activations
Autodesk, Inc.

web: www.autodesk.com/register
e-mail: authcodes@autodesk.com
Ph: 1-800-551-1490
Fax: 1-800-225-6490

""""

dstokes
2007-05-01, 07:27 PM
Here is what I did and had no problem on two machines so far...
(applies only to Revit series subscriptions).

1. Install Autocad 2008 from the DVD
2. Register it as usual.
3. Install Revit Architecture 2008. When you open it, you should find that it is already registered.

cganiere
2007-05-02, 02:49 PM
Thanks. It worked.

cganiere

Here is what I did and had no problem on two machines so far...
(applies only to Revit series subscriptions).

1. Install Autocad 2008 from the DVD
2. Register it as usual.
3. Install Revit Architecture 2008. When you open it, you should find that it is already registered.

patricks
2007-05-23, 09:51 PM
Still having problems with RAC 2008. Once again I had to send an e-mail to the authcodes e-mail addy and list my Group ID and the request code from the program (trying to install on another machine).

We have 4 seats on our subscription, each seat is allowed to be installed on 2 machines. It's really going to suck if every we have to send an e-mail for every machine we put it on. But at least Autodesk got back to me with the activation code in less than 2 hours.

Why does Revit still not recognize the Group ID's as valid?

Steve_Stafford
2007-05-23, 10:23 PM
If using Network Licensing you must upgrade the FlexLM license manager to 11.4.0.0. It will not work on the previous versions.

dfriesen
2007-05-30, 06:26 PM
Would copying the Licpath.lic file from an already registered machine to the Revit Program folder on a new install solve this problem? There was a problem sometime in the past with the 000-00000000 serial number...

andrew.139822
2007-06-16, 12:03 AM
Would copying the Licpath.lic file from an already registered machine to the Revit Program folder on a new install solve this problem? There was a problem sometime in the past with the 000-00000000 serial number...

This is what I was told when we had the same problem with getting the error message about the serial number not being recognized. I edited the Licpath.lic file to put our correct serial number in and then it worked.

Andrew