PDA

View Full Version : Mono-pitch roofs in RA08

ejburrell67787
2007-04-14, 09:30 AM
I won't be installing RA-2008 for another week I think but was wondering about the new roof functionality. Can the underside of a roof be tapered up at the eaves? (The presentations I watched only demonstrated altering the top surface of a roof.) This is particularly critical on the upper eaves of a mono-pitch roof which in 9.1 we have no direct control over. If anyone is or could try this out I would be most interested to see the results!! :)

muttlieb
2007-04-14, 04:15 PM
If I understand your question correctly, the answer is no. You can only modify the top surface of slabs/roofs. You can also specify one material layer to be variable, so that it adjusts to the slope while the other layers stay the same thickness. When the variable layer option is used the bottom surface of the slab/roof stays horizontal.

ejburrell67787
2007-04-15, 12:26 PM
Cheers Muttlieb
...so maybe it is possible by wrapping the roof onto some invisable structure to get the underside sloping up and then effectively move the top surface of the roof down again so it appears in line with the rest of the roof... I'll have to play once I get it installed...