PDA

View Full Version : Seeing sweep BEHIND (other direction) a section cut

boyd.112779
2007-04-16, 10:09 PM
I have run a sweep for "duct work". It bends at a 90 deg angle in the shape of an "L". I have cut a section in front of and looking away from the log leg of the L shape sweep. I should only see a small cross section of the sweep. But instead I see the entire broad side of the sweep that is BEHIND the section cut and not even in the direction I am looking.
I saw post for this on revitcity, with no answers. Could not find any post on AUGI. Anybody have any ideas?

Calvn_Swing
2007-04-16, 10:40 PM
Ahh yes...

Some categories of families cannot be cut in section. I have no idea why Autodesk won't let us set this ourselves (or by view) but I can't seem to find a way around it. Go to the family (in place or in the family editor) and change it from "Special Equipment" to "Generic Model" or something to that effect.

I wish I had a list of what family categories would cut, and which ones wouldn't, but play around with it a bit and you're bound to find a category that does cut.

Good luck!

tomnewsom
2007-04-17, 09:19 AM
To see which categories cut and which don't, open up Object Styles and see which categories can have their "Cut" lineweight set. Categories that don't cut have this setting greyed out.

dpasa
2007-04-17, 09:30 AM
To see which categories cut and which don't, open up Object Styles and see which categories can have their "Cut" lineweight set. Categories that don't cut have this setting greyed out.

Correct, also I think there is a list in the help files showing which families have the option enabled
(just do a search on "cuttable")

Calvn_Swing
2007-04-17, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the tips on finding a list!

Quite Helpful! Now, if only we can talk Autodesk into letting us turn the "sectionability" of categories, families, or objects on or off at will... (Really, I only care about the first two).

Thanks again!