PDA

View Full Version : Dimensions @ walls inactive/not working

bnichols
2007-04-17, 06:37 PM
I'm having a problem with regular and temporary dimensions not working at walls. Temporary dimensions don't appear unless I activate (only 1 item is selected). The regular dimensions don't go editable when the wall is selected either unless manually activated. Other objects/lines/etc. still work properly. This appears to be a setting I've changed accidentally because the feature still works normally on other drawings.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-04-17, 06:54 PM
This is normal behaviour.Once a model gets to a certain level of complexity (don't ask me what level that is :? ) Revit will disable the automatic dimensions to try to speed things up.
I guess the reasoning is that once you get enough elements in a view there are so many temp dims that it just creates clutter and they'd probably just get in the way.
It would be nice to be able to enable a shortcut to activate rather than having to go to the properties bar.

patricks
2007-04-17, 10:04 PM
what gets me is when certain elements give temp dimensions in only one direction, or sometimes even none at all, even after activating dimensions! That really gets me going, because then I have to stop, change to the dimension tool and actually place a dimension to the object, then select it again and adjust the dimension. I can't stand that! :mad: