PDA

View Full Version : Model Text for Column Bubbles....

bimologist
2007-04-17, 07:21 PM
I have a CM asking for this. 3D text in Revit so when they take it to navisworks the text can be shown at different level, I am not familiar with NAvis works so cannot tell you what they are exactly needing, but from what I understood was the TAG and the TEXT in it be 3D so when I export to Autocad as solids NAvisworks can read it as 3D text.

any ideas how I can create something , without typing and generate this like a column bubble does.

thanks

bimologist
2007-04-17, 07:28 PM
well the other issue that hit me is that I cannot see the Column grids and Bubble in a 3D view, to export things out from revit to DWG for Navis works I have to do it in the 3D view so everything goes 3D. so the other question would be , how do I show column grids in 3D view, or am I stuck with sending two files out , one 3D view and the other a plan view with nothing but column lines and bubbles.

Dimitri Harvalias
2007-04-17, 07:31 PM
You can easily create a 3D text family that you can place in your model. Assuming your grids aren't changing on a daily basis you'd probably just have to do it once.

It won't be automatic, like a grid line, but could be copied to multiple levels.
Combined with model lines this could be an interesting idea for 3D view presentations too. Hmmm :idea:

twiceroadsfool
2007-04-17, 07:52 PM
What HCSL said... You will have to use 3D Text and Model lines, locked to the Grids. They will not update intelligently, however. We faced this as well, as we use Navisworks for collaboration.

Do yourself a favor, and see about the Navisworks exporter than works via the API. Its much better than importing via the DWG export from Revit...

It wont solve anything related to your original post, but it sure cleaned up the geometry and the refresh rates when navigating around in navisworks...